Last week we brought you some recipes to elevate your BBQ to the next level. This week, we have some suggestions for tasty libations. Lower Queen Anne is home to some fantastic bartenders. So here are some drinks based on each of our favorite spirits, from some of our favorite localicious neighborhood bars.
Note: Most of these recipes don’t list measurements for each ingredient. In general, start with 1.5oz of the alcohol involved, and distribute the rest to taste. You’ll probably just need a dash of things like bitters, peppers and lime juice, and a little more soda or other fillers. Most of these are meant to be served in a cocktail or martini glass, which only hold 5 – 6 oz total.
- Tini Bigs: Chill-Hooly – Tangerine Vodka, Orange Curacao, Sour mix
- New York Pizza & Bar: Liberty Lush – Smirnoff Passion Fruit vodka, Captain Morgans Passion Fruit rum, Mango, Lemon Juice, Sour, White Cran
- Triumph Bar: El Cartel – Tequila, Dry Vermouth, Cucumber, Lime, Black Pepper
- The 5 Point Cafe: The Breakfast Paloma – Milagro Tequila with fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice and a splash of soda
- Tini Bigs: Big Kahuna Bourbon – Bourbon, Fresh Basil, Pineapple & Lime Juice, Ginger Beer
- The 5 Point Cafe: The Pancake Breakfast – Jameson with a flow of Butterscotch Liqeur served with a side of Orange Juice.
- El Gaucho: Barrel Aged Gaucho Manhattan – Jacob’s Ghost White Whiskey, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet Vermouth, Bitters
- Triumph Bar: Burning Bush – Gin, Pastis, Raspberry Shrub, cava, Lemon
- El Gaucho: French – House infused cucumber gin, lemon, simple syrup, champagne, served up
Share your favorite homemade cocktail recipes with us in the comments below.