The beauty of the holiday season: it’s the perfect excuse to come together with your closest friends and family. It’s the time of year to gather with your loved ones and revel in the joy of simply being together.
If you’re taking on hosting duties this season, you’ll want to create a night to remember. Whether your friends are coming over for the yearly cookie swap or your entire extended family is coming over for a five-course meal, this is the year to bring your entertaining to the next level. You already know the basics—a party playlist, fresh flowers, and good food—so here are five essentials for really wowing your guests this year:
- Warm holiday-scented candles: lighting a few candles throughout your apartment helps set the mood and create a warm, comforting atmosphere.
- Bar cart stocked with seasonal cocktails: the best way to get a party started is the drinks.
- A bountiful, colorful cheese board: pick out a variety of cheeses, meats, fruits, and crackers for easy appetizers.
- Hand-crafted place settings: delight your guests with special name cards as an added touch.
- Don’t let them leave empty-handed: pick out your favorite treat to pass out among partygoers before they leave.